DOMA Imaging Application (DIA)
DOMA Imaging Application (DIA)
The DOMA Imaging Application (DIA) features all of the functionality offered in the DOMA Imaging Application Lite (DIAL) while adding scanning and editing capability for image manipulation. This application is used when checking out a document (fourth icon from the left) or scanning a document. The user can add and delete pages, add more pages or documents, or annotate a document with this viewer. There are two (2) ways to launch DIA:
- Checking out a document from the Search Results.
- Selecting “DOMA Imaging App” under Tools on the Home page.
- a. This method allows users to directly add information to a record after scanning a new document to the system.
- b. Most of the tools will be grayed out. You will need to Upload or Scan a document before you can use DIA to its fullest potential.
It's important to note the Relationship hierarchy of documents and entities in DIA. This hierarchy will display as tabs in the upper left-hand corner, above the Page View and Thumbnails.
- The top tab is the Entity - if there is no relationship, it will display "<None>"
- The lower tab is the Document
Getting Started with DIA
When DIA Launches: It opens in a new window directly on top of the Home Page or Search Results list. The page can be fully expanded by clicking the Maximize button in the top right corner. There are five main parts to DIA:
- Navigation Menu - Five (5) menu items that control DIA .
- Toolbar Icons - Used to modify and edit a Document.
- Thumbnails and Page View - Small icons of each page of a Document and displays the current page for viewing.
- Properties Panel - Displays Custom Fields, Folder location, Relationship properties, etc. of Documents and Entities.
This is important when managing Documents in regards to Entity Relationships.
- New Document will create a blank Document Tab in the Page View under the existing Entity Tab.
- New Entity will create a new Entity Tab with a blank Document Tab in the Page View.
- Close Document and Close Entity simply close the Document/Entity that you are viewing at the time.
- NOTE: If there is only one Entity Tab left, DIA will not let you close the last one.
- PDF and TIFF are used to dictate the file format of the opened document.
- Upload tools are also available in the Toolbar Icons > Upload button. For simplicity, we will describe the functionality in the Toolbar Icons section.
Allows you to Copy, Cut, or Paste a single page, or multiple pages if they are selected. You can search the document with Find or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F.
These tools are also available in the Toolbar Icons > Scan button. For simplicity, we will describe these functions in the Toolbar Icons section.
- Turn on/off Thumbnails
- Change the Thumbnail size (zoom level)
- Turn on/off the Properties Panel
- Turn on/off the Upload Manager
- MOST IMPORTANTLY! it turns on/off 80% of you Toolbar Icons
- Annotation Buttons
- Image Repair Buttons
- Resend Error Files - used only when you get an error after attempting to Add a Document to the database.
- Logs - Mainly used for Administrators and DOMA Support Team to check upload logs.
- About - Provides information to the User about the current version of DIA being used.
After a document is scanned/uploaded/checked out, the Toolbar features a multitude of correction, annotation, and functions tools that you may need to further process a document or record. If you do not see a complete list of icons, you can make them visible by selecting View from the Navigation Menu and turning them on.
Thumbnails and Page View
- Thumbnails are small Icons of digital images.
- Zoom Level can be adjusted through the Main Navigation tools under View.
- Right-clicking any thumbnail gives the options to Copy, Cut, Paste, or Delete
- Page View shows you the large page image an allows a user to make annotations, edits, and modifications to the image itself.
- Document/Entity Tabs are important to understand when managing Document and Entity Relationships.
Document is checked out, uploaded, or scanned, the relationship hierarchy will display as tabs in the upper left-hand corner, above the Page View and Thumbnails.
- Example 1 shows a Document (21-4142) has a relationship with an Entity (Vet_Claim)
- Example 2 shows that the Document DOES NOT have a Relationship with any Entity. Entity Tab displays <None>.
- Example 3 shows two Documents opened under different Entity Tabs.
- When a Document is checked out, uploaded, or scanned, the relationship hierarchy will display as tabs in the upper left-hand corner, above the Page View and Thumbnails.
The Properties Panel is where the fun begins...
- Document Type and Entity Type - drop-down selection of what Type of document you are checking out, uploading, or scanning.
- Custom Fields - Custom fields associated with each Document or Entity can be indexed here.
- Folder Location - Select a folder location to put your Document or Entity
- Find Entity or Manage Relationship - Used mainly for creating Document-Entity Relationships.
- You can search the database as if you are performing an Advanced Search to find an existing Entity or simply create a new Entity in your database by clicking on the Entity tab.
- Journal - Create and view Journal entries here.
- Save - In the process of editing, changing Custom Fields, etc. you can click Save so you don't lose data.
- Checkin/Undo Check Out - Checkin loads the saved data to the database. Undo Check Out checks the document back in without saving data.
- Split - Allows you to split pages out to a new document.